Saga of the Northlands
The settlement currently holds the following structures:
Defensive Walls (x237)
- The wall covers a three-quarter circle, with the river covering the remainder to the southeast.
- The internal diameter of the wall is roughly 500 feet.
- The packed soil used to construct the walls was dug up from the outer base of the wall, so there’s a trench 15 feet across and 10 feet deep right outside of it that extends to a few feet from the river. Given a bit more time to dig to the river and some Mobile Bridge sections at each Gatehouse to serve as drawbridges, this trench could be turned into a moat.
- A set of wardstones is embedded in the walls and the ground at the center of the settlement. The wardstones protect against Trolls and have a protection factor of 19 (12 base, +1 perfect circle, +2 500-foot diameter, +2 Kulgan attuned to 2 wardstones, +2 Skogur attuned to 2 wardstones).
- The ward prevents any troll from entering the settlement (even when polymorphed or coming through a conjunction), attacking into the settlement, or using any sort of direct magic (including the Hag’s Eye) against the settlement, but doesn’t prevent a more subtle attack against it using enchanted creatures, Wyrd magic, or the like.
- A temporary wooden dock has been built out in the river to hold the settlement’s southeast wardstone in line with the walls on land. It is sturdy enough to withstand the current without difficulty, but it is not defensible against enemies wishing to remove the wardstone.
- The four gates face north-northwest, west-northwest, east-northeast, and south-southwest, for roughly even spacing around the perimeter.
Inside the Walls
Longhouses (Jarl’s x1, Karl’s x9)
- Can accommodate 150 people for the winter in normal conditions, 275 people at a moderate loss of morale, or 400 people at a severe loss of morale.
- Can accommodate 96 goats, 24 horses, or a proportional combination thereof.
- The clan’s 42 goats and 7 horses (equivalent to 70 goats) are safe for the winter.
- With 173 people in the clan and 2 granaries, the clan can store up to 33,460 sp worth of Consumables before suffering increased spoilage.
- With 173 people in the clan and no storehouses, the clan can store up to 6,920 sp worth of Coffers before suffering increased spoilage.
Outside the Walls
- All the farms are inherently consecrated, with no need for shrines.